PeetFeet
Regular Gamer
Region: Europe
PSN EU: PeetFeet
XBOX Live: pfft
Twitter: peetfeet

Re: Little Big Planet 2 Levels

Post by PeetFeet » February 7th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Hi all, I've sorta finished my level now, I've more to add (and probably change!) but want to get feedback on it as it exists now.

Please give it a go and tell me if anything is broken, if it's too hard/easy, game camera needs changing etc etc. Either in it's comments or via here? or where ever.

You basically need to stay on the wheel as long as possible, use the bounce pads to get yourself back up if you fall off or get too near the right of the wheel (you'll know why). If you get a score over 1k and die you'll get a token to get bonus bubbles before the final scoreboard, likewise other higher amounts will get more tokens at certain points.

Cheers all.

My Level - Rock 'n Roller Time http://lbp.me/v/xjeh1g

cazzyj
Wireless Controller
Region: Australasia
PSN EU: cazzyj

Post by cazzyj » February 8th, 2011, 1:42 am

I have it bookmarked to play laters peet. I look forward to it :friendlysmile:

cant touch this ......

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 8th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Okies peetfeet, I played your level. This is my feedback for what it’s worth.

excellent simple idea

great music

good mood lighting - I would have made the tokens much more visible at the end. I didn’t even see them until I had played it 5-6 times. I would also make it more visible where you want people to go to get the mug shot. I stumbled around in that section for a bit not sure what to do

mug shot is great, but can you set some sort of countdown. I think I had moved when it went to take my photo

game play
I found it quite hard. My best scores came from disregarding the bounce pads altogether and just staying on the wheel and jumping the danger. I think it would be great to play if you had 2-3 bounce pads either side instead of just one. I found myself being electrocuted when I tried to incorporate the bounce pads, because they are so close to the wheel. I found the low light here also a bit tricky to negotiate the bounce pads. Perhaps a tiny bit more light or a beam to show the line of the bounce pad. If you put several bounce pads in, obviously it would be easier, but from what I could tell, the score bubbles don’t actually reach the bounce pads, so you are forced to jump onto the wheel to score. This in my mind would increase the fun factor greatly, and would also mean it could be played by two people.

just my random thoughts anyhow

ohh and I played another one of your levels "escape to Victory" which I really enjoyed but didn’t finish. at one stage you cross two bridges and I kept falling through the bridges and either dying or having to do the whole see saw section again. If you had put another entrance door higher up it may avoid this frustration for other players of my skill level. I’m not sure if you are working on that one still, but I am a big fan of the many checkpoints. I think TBH that most people playing community levels, don’t mind tricky bits as long as they don’t have to play long sections of it over and over to get to the bit where they keep dying. Anyhoo, I shall go back to that one :friendlysmile:

cant touch this ......

PeetFeet
Regular Gamer

Post by PeetFeet » February 9th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Yes, I have been thinking about making the tokens more visable in some way, thats why I added a light there, think i may need to add a light to the tokens themselves maybe. A countdown for the pic is also a good idea, will probably do those two next.

The bounce pads are there as back up primarily incase you come off the wheel so you were playing how i intended to be played, but your idea about more pads is a good idea, especially as more than one could play it.
Get rid of the hazard below (most of it at least), cover the bottom sides with bounce pads and leave the main hazard on the wheel. Maybe add another hazard to it, shorten the life of the prize balls and makes the speeds it spins faster?

Escape to victory was my first effort after getting the first game and is pretty ropey, yes, the bridges are a pain and I'll try to address that sometime!

Thanks for the input Caz! Need some more now! Please play and see if you agree with Caz about the gameplay changes.

Forrest_01
PSN EU: Forrest_01
Twitter: Forrest_01

Post by Forrest_01 » February 9th, 2011, 6:30 pm

PeetFeet wrote:Yes, I have been thinking about making the tokens more visable in some way, thats why I added a light there, think i may need to add a light to the tokens themselves maybe. A countdown for the pic is also a good idea, will probably do those two next.

The bounce pads are there as back up primarily incase you come off the wheel so you were playing how i intended to be played, but your idea about more pads is a good idea, especially as more than one could play it.
Get rid of the hazard below (most of it at least), cover the bottom sides with bounce pads and leave the main hazard on the wheel. Maybe add another hazard to it, shorten the life of the prize balls and makes the speeds it spins faster?

Escape to victory was my first effort after getting the first game and is pretty ropey, yes, the bridges are a pain and I'll try to address that sometime!

Thanks for the input Caz! Need some more now! Please play and see if you agree with Caz about the gameplay changes.

Would love to help you out peet, but I am afraid that the economical crisis (i.e. being completely wiped out after Christmas!) has meant that I have not been able to purchase said game. It has also meant that I have missed out on Mass Effect 2 & Dead Space 2, so I am now considering selling my body to raise some cash.
(for those of you with a filthy mind, I of course meant to science – I assure you it ain’t worth much on the street!) :biglol:
Anyone else got LBP2 that can pop onto peet’s level & give it a thorough thrashing??
There is one thing in this world that i am certain about. & that is that i am not certain about anything.

Prospero
Old Gamer
Region: North America
PSN EU: Miinou
PSN US: Prospero42
PSN HK: Bellavita
PSN JP: Kniihai
Playfire: Prospero

Post by Prospero » February 9th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Will do.
Thank you link queueing thing!

PeetFeet
Regular Gamer

Post by PeetFeet » February 10th, 2011, 1:04 am

I have added more bounce pads, shortened score bubble life and adjusted the photo area (as best i can, seems very tempermental that camera lol). It's a start. Will need to sort out the tokens and possibly the triggers for them too.

SwizZerTheReturn
New Gamer
PSN EU: swizzer

Post by SwizZerTheReturn » February 10th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Having owned both the original LBP and now LBP2 I thought it was high time I actually CREATED a level!!

So after 24 long hours, may I introduce to you SPOOKYWORLD

http://lbp.me/v/xmm24g

Please play, a feel free to send me a review, I need all the input I can get before I do the sequel!

Thanks peeps!

SwizZerTheReturn
New Gamer
PSN EU: swizzer

Post by SwizZerTheReturn » February 13th, 2011, 3:46 pm

SwizZerTheReturn wrote:Having owned both the original LBP and now LBP2 I thought it was high time I actually CREATED a level!!

So after 24 long hours, may I introduce to you SPOOKYWORLD

http://lbp.me/v/xmm24g

Please play, a feel free to send me a review, I need all the input I can get before I do the sequel!

Thanks peeps!

Due to a few game play issues, this level has now been republished... go try! :raspy: (if you not TOO scared!!)

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 16th, 2011, 4:54 am

I had the chance to try your level today swizZer and thought it was great. I liked the way you set the mood / theme, with both music and lighting. It was challenging (that wheel got me several times) and would be tricky to ace! The only thing I wanted to mention was that at the very start there is a small gap to the left. This gap is big enough to fit down, so unless I am missing some secret tunnel down there, it might be worth fixing so sackboys and sackgirls dont get stuck before they really even begin.

I thought you used a great variety of lifts and swings and challenges and made it interesting by using panels infront of the player as well as behind.

excellent work on your first LBP2 creation! :friendlysmile:

If you havent played Swizzers level yet .. go play it!

cant touch this ......

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 16th, 2011, 5:04 am

PeetFeet wrote:I have added more bounce pads, shortened score bubble life and adjusted the photo area (as best I can, seems very tempermental that camera lol). It's a start. Will need to sort out the tokens and possibly the triggers for them too.

I played your level again PeetFeet ! This time with my sackbuddi-o-pal, and we both loved it. In fact, we played it several times. The one thing that didn’t seem to work for us in 2 player was getting to the camera area. Every time one of us jumped off the lift, the lift went back to the lower level. We didn’t seem to be able to jump off together and therefore we couldn’t get up to the photo area together. Might be worth a fix

LOVED the extra bounce pads!! Made it fun to play in two player! The token area seemed much better lit. Well done on introducing a second danger spot on the wheel, part way in. We will be back again to play this level... meanwhile grab a friend people and kick kj and I off the high score position! (if you can!!)

cant touch this ......

PeetFeet
Regular Gamer

Post by PeetFeet » February 17th, 2011, 12:19 am

I'll need to play around with the lift sensor methinks, I'm also working on doing the token thingy automaticaly so its less confusing!

May I also highly recommend Poultry Panic, a very good level about a boy and his chicken! (Not my level btw)

http://lbp.me/v/xnnn23

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 17th, 2011, 12:59 am

PeetFeet wrote:I'll need to play around with the lift sensor methinks, I'm also working on doing the token thingy automaticaly so its less confusing!

May I also highly recommend Poultry Panic, a very good level about a boy and his chicken! (Not my level btw)

Noice one Peet. I would love to hear about all the levels you think are good. I dont mind waiting for levels to load.... But its satisfying to play a semi decent level if you do wait a while.
What say ze people ... have you played something great recently?

my friend firegnome has put out a pretty cool "mini" level - Sticky Balloon Challenge - http://lbp.me/v/wqv7d8

cant touch this ......

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 20th, 2011, 8:10 am

PeetFeet wrote:I'll need to play around with the lift sensor methinks, I'm also working on doing the token thingy automaticaly so its less confusing!

WOW! this level is G.O.L.D gold! It is seriously one of the best LBP levels I have played. The story is brilliant. Its is both artistic and cinematic. It is well made and everything works as it should. My daughter cried! (LOL) In our case Peet, it was about a girl and her chicken ...winks*
Thanks for recommending it Peet.
I played a wicked level last week. I shall look it up and post the details in here soon :friendlysmile:

cant touch this ......

feaviolp
Regular Gamer
PSN EU: feaviolp
PSN US: feaviolp

Post by feaviolp » February 28th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Heya guys and gals - I'd love a few plays on my unashamedly simple level created just to get the 50 plays trophy :blushing

It's called "Top 25% Trophy" (so called to encourage a few plays :excited: ) and is here http://lbp.me/v/x4hwr-

For what it's worth I did spend many many hours creating a level called Alien Invasion in LBP1, but it doesn't seem to have made the transition to LBP2 perfectly. It still plays OK, but I've found it's possible to glitch into a couple of bits of scenery that survived extensive play testing in LBP1 so something must be a bit different. Feel free to give it a look and let me know what you think though.

Anyway - any plays on the Top 25% Trophy level to get me to the 50 would be muchly appreciated. Currently on 33.

Thanks in advance :friendlysmile:

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » February 28th, 2011, 10:55 pm

I'll hop on today and have a play Feav! that's 34 and 35 taken care of :friendlysmile:
Do I hear 36? anybody

cant touch this ......

feaviolp
Regular Gamer
PSN EU: feaviolp
PSN US: feaviolp

Post by feaviolp » February 28th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Thanks Cazzy :friendlysmile:

I had a play on yours earlier - very good (I was nice and pushed the swing :excited: )

Peet - played yours too - nice one.

cazzyj
Wireless Controller

Post by cazzyj » March 1st, 2011, 12:13 pm

Played your level feaviolp! really liked your scoreboard :biglol: Hope you get your trophy soon!

Played this level tonight, and really enjoyed it. Its a race along creatively placed bounce pads. Not for the faint hearted this clever, colourful level is worth a play
http://lbp.me/v/ydv03f
it's called ** Bouncing the Multiverse (Race) ** By consoletrap if you are text serching

cant touch this ......

Return to “Little Big Planet”