yer__mum
Wireless Controller
Region: Australasia
PSN EU: yer__mum [double-underscore]
Playfire: Playing with fire? YESSS!
Twitter: yer__mum

iPhone Freezing and Backup

Post by yer__mum » 08 May 2012, 00:34

My iPhone 4s froze and I defrosted it by pressing the on/off and Home button for approximately 10 secs.

It is now back to normal. YAY. No data loss. WHEW!

Which now brings me to the second question - has anyone backed up their iPhone via Cloud or other means, and do you have any tips for moi? What do I need? Is it safe? Does it work? Does it back up everything? Does everything mean everything? For those who have, what are the Dos and Donts?

I haven't backed up and I'd really like to do this stat. Appreciate your help - thanks. I know I can Google this, and I probably will, but am interested in the experiences (if any) of people I know.

hennerz
New Gamer
Region: Europe
PSN EU: hennerzcfc
XBOX Live: hennerzcfc

Re: iPhone Freezing and Backup

Post by hennerz » 08 May 2012, 18:07

i have the 3gs and im sure that if you plug it in to your laptop it will back it up onto it.

silver-stream
Wireless Controller
Region: Europe
PSN US: silver_funk
PSN HK: silver-star-hk
PSN JP: silver-stream-jp

iPhone Freezing and Backup

Post by silver-stream » 09 May 2012, 01:03

plug it into a pc running itunes and sync it.... this should back up most and if you look at the options in itunes you can also include your contacts synced/ backed up to either your windows contacts or google acc if you. choose.

note it wont back up photos! to dl photos to your pc when you plug the phone in without itunes running you should get a windows autoplay popup
choose get photos just as you would if you plugged in a camera.

if you don't get popup just click on computer from start menu and browse drives....( your iphone should appear as a drive) then browse folders on that drive till you find pickys and copy and paste to pc.

think that covers it. :)

yer__mum
Wireless Controller

Post by yer__mum » 10 May 2012, 12:38

:blackheart: Thanks guys!

yer__mum
Wireless Controller

Post by yer__mum » 02 Dec 2014, 03:14

Yeah old thread but I found a great solution.

Copy Trans ( download on PC from http://www.copytrans.net/)

It backs up your iPhone, and many other things iPhone/iPad-related without using iTunes.
The software has several sub-suites for different purposes like - Copy Trans Shelbee for iPhone backup and restore, another one for backing up contacts & messages, etc etc. Interface is clean and simple and does what it's supposed to do.

It's saved me a lot of grief the last time I backed up and updated to iOS 8 as my iTunes chucked a spaz (I forgot to check for updates and I didn't have enough space on my C drive for a complete phone backup). Can even backup straight to an external drive.

It's a keeper! (Thanks to fork for finding it for me when I had issues over a month ago).

Return to “Mobile Apps”