Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post Reply
User avatar
kasawaki
Wireless Controller
Posts: 3748
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 14:18
Region: Europe
PSN EU: kasawaki
Playfire: kasawaki
Twitter: kasawaki
Location: Cheshire Uk

Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by kasawaki » 11 Apr 2009, 13:37

Anyone else got this yet? I can highly recommend it :grin2:

Apparently its by the same people who did LBP - kind of Tekken but with the physics and humour of LBP

There's lots of game modes, including my fave King of the Hill where you have to stay on a platform as long as possible and gain extra points by "kung fu posturing" - which is like the control of your sackperson in LBP - ie you can move his arms.

Lots of multiplayer too, pretty good for the price of an easter egg! :lol2:
Image

User avatar
kasawaki
Wireless Controller
Posts: 3748
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 14:18
Region: Europe
PSN EU: kasawaki
Playfire: kasawaki
Twitter: kasawaki
Location: Cheshire Uk

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by kasawaki » 11 Apr 2009, 14:07

Sorry peeps, I forgot to mention that this has no online multiplayer, just local - I think they missed a trick there :downer:

It does have trophies though, which made the trophy whore in me happy :grin2:
Image

User avatar
UKFrankTheTank
Old Gamer
Posts: 802
Joined: 23 Dec 2008, 21:33
Skype Messenger: lee.chadaway
Region: Europe
PSN EU: UKFrankTheTank
PSN US: USFTT
PSN HK: HKFrankTank
PSN JP: JPFrankTank
XBOX Live: UKFrankTheTank
Twitter: UKFrankTheTank
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by UKFrankTheTank » 11 Apr 2009, 14:34

Is this is a PSN Download ?

User avatar
kasawaki
Wireless Controller
Posts: 3748
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 14:18
Region: Europe
PSN EU: kasawaki
Playfire: kasawaki
Twitter: kasawaki
Location: Cheshire Uk

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by kasawaki » 11 Apr 2009, 19:01

Yes it is, it went on sale the same day as the Worms PSN download.

I bought Worms first, but I think this is almost as much fun - it would even better if they had put online multiplayer in. :downer:
Image

User avatar
UKFrankTheTank
Old Gamer
Posts: 802
Joined: 23 Dec 2008, 21:33
Skype Messenger: lee.chadaway
Region: Europe
PSN EU: UKFrankTheTank
PSN US: USFTT
PSN HK: HKFrankTank
PSN JP: JPFrankTank
XBOX Live: UKFrankTheTank
Twitter: UKFrankTheTank
Location: Southsea, Hampshire

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by UKFrankTheTank » 11 Apr 2009, 21:07

kasawaki wrote:Yes it is, it went on sale the same day as the Worms PSN download.

I bought Worms first, but I think this is almost as much fun - it would even better if they had put online multiplayer in. :downer:


I'll definetly be downloading these when I finish work tomorrow morning

User avatar
Prospero
Old Gamer
Posts: 939
Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 01:10
Region: North America
PSN EU: Miinou
PSN US: Prospero42
PSN HK: Bellavita
PSN JP: Kniihai
Playfire: Prospero
Location: Canada

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by Prospero » 13 Apr 2009, 23:36

kasawaki wrote:Anyone else got this yet? I can highly recommend it :grin2:

Apparently its by the same people who did LBP - kind of Tekken but with the physics and humour of LBP

There's lots of game modes, including my fave King of the Hill where you have to stay on a platform as long as possible and gain extra points by "kung fu posturing" - which is like the control of your sackperson in LBP - ie you can move his arms.

Lots of multiplayer too, pretty good for the price of an easter egg! :lol2:


Sounds great and the trailers looked like fun.

Is there enough offline multiplayer (and possible singleplayer) too make this worthwhile even without any online modes?
Or maybe some word on a multiplayer patch\dlc in the future?

User avatar
kasawaki
Wireless Controller
Posts: 3748
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 14:18
Region: Europe
PSN EU: kasawaki
Playfire: kasawaki
Twitter: kasawaki
Location: Cheshire Uk

Re: Rag Doll Kung Fu - Fists of Plastic

Post by kasawaki » 14 Apr 2009, 19:23

Prospero wrote:
Sounds great and the trailers looked like fun.

Is there enough offline multiplayer (and possible singleplayer) too make this worthwhile even without any online modes?
Or maybe some word on a multiplayer patch\dlc in the future?


There's 4 offline multiplayer modes -

Deathmatch - does what it says on the tin.

Capture the fish - variation on capture the flag - get a fish into a basket to score a point.

King of the hill - my fave, stay on a marked platform earning points while everyone else tries to knock you off - score more points for kung fu posturing while on the platform.

Dogdeball - knock players down to score, using a ball or your kung fu skills.

All multiplayer games can be played against friends offline or against bots.

The singleplayer is a series of 9 challenges where you can earn bronze, silver and gold medals. Earning each bronze one opens up the next challenge, then earns a bronze trophy for all 9. Earning all 9 at silver medal level gets you the silver trophy and so on.

Because your characters look like collectable figurines there are also new clothes to earn for them and new hands, feet and heads to earn and snap on to change their looks.

Theres quite a bit to do, but I think worms has the edge on longevity. Rag Doll kung fu has the edge in looks and maybe humour too, just because its something new.

I've heard nothing so far about patches for online multiplayer, but imho they need a boot in the balls if they don't add it! :lol2:
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Fighting Games: General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest