New Gamer
Region: Europe
PSN EU: sanmartinez
XBOX Live: UNIT x BigDaddy
Playfire: UNIT_X_BigDaddy
Twitter: SanMartinezR

Rocksmith

Post by sanmartinez » 10 Jan 2012, 13:01

I recently saw some footage of this game in my gameshop, and while being similar to Guitar Hero and RockBand games it involves an actual guitar with strings instead of buttons

From what was shown the difficulty from the game adapts to your performance which makes playing the game a challenge and it also makes you able to learn to play the guitar for real.
"All good things of this earth flow into the city"

forkless
Wireless Controller
Skype Messenger: forkless
PSN US: spoonmore
PSN HK: Forkie_Chan
PSN JP: forkIess
Playfire: forkless

Re: Rocksmith

Post by forkless » 10 Jan 2012, 13:06

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGsQtWvb3sk[/video]

Definitely tempted to get this.

sanmartinez
New Gamer

Post by sanmartinez » 10 Jan 2012, 14:59

forkless wrote:[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGsQtWvb3sk[/video]

Definitely tempted to get this.

Thanks for the video it gives a much better view then what I typed. Have my copy pre ordered already.
Will search for the video I have seen later when I get home, gives a more indepth view of the game and features

Forrest_01
PSN EU: Forrest_01
Twitter: Forrest_01

Post by Forrest_01 » 10 Jan 2012, 15:14

Does this come with the guitar?? That would make it a touch on the pricey side wouldn't it?!?!
There is one thing in this world that i am certain about. & that is that i am not certain about anything.

forkless
Wireless Controller

Post by forkless » 10 Jan 2012, 18:00

You have to buy your own 20k Fender Stratocaster :P

fixed17
Old Gamer

Post by fixed17 » 10 Jan 2012, 18:53

whenever any one brings up games like Guitar Hero and RockBand games it always reminds me of the south park episode called Guitar quero. Best bit is where stan gets addicted to a game called heroin hero where you have to chase a big pink dragon. Heroin hero is actually a real flash game but im not sure if its still out there on the interweb somewhere. not played it for a while. may just go take a look for it later. :-)

sanmartinez
New Gamer

Post by sanmartinez » 10 Jan 2012, 22:29

Yeah it would be a bit pricey if it does come with a guitar (shop didnt have any specifications as to what to expect) but I hope it will allow any electric or semi acoustic guitar to be connected. Shouldnt be any technical issues I think.

Forrest_01

Post by Forrest_01 » 11 Jan 2012, 15:39

Yeah, i guess you could just have some kind of wireless or bluetooth receiver that plugs into the amp jack that connects to a wireless/bluetooth receiver that plugs into the USB. Or something! :confusion-shrug:

Not sure exactly how that would work of course, but i am sure all willl become clearer in the coming months.
There is one thing in this world that i am certain about. & that is that i am not certain about anything.

fixed17
Old Gamer

Post by fixed17 » 12 Jan 2012, 16:32

yep,like wot Forrest said with the plug in thingymabob thing. My take on this is that it could be more of an educational thing for learning to play the guitar rather than just a game. would be a really good way to learn to play though in my opinion. Recon it beats play in a day by Bert weedon hands down. Never did get past 3 blind mice or was it twinkle little star, anyway that's where my carrear as a Rock Leg end came to an abrupt end.

Forrest_01

Post by Forrest_01 » 12 Jan 2012, 17:06

fixed17 wrote:yep,like wot Forrest said with the plug in thingymabob thing. My take on this is that it could be more of an educational thing for learning to play the guitar rather than just a game. would be a really good way to learn to play though in my opinion. Recon it beats play in a day by Bert weedon hands down. Never did get past 3 blind mice or was it twinkle little star, anyway that's where my carrear as a Rock Leg end came to an abrupt end.

This is actually what i was thinking - Instead of paint by numbers fun that GH & DH & all the others are, this one could actually teach you where to place your fingers on frets, pressure to exert, when chords are required etc.

If it can do all of that, it would be a genius idea & i may even pick up a copy so that i don't have to use that bloody plastic whistle when i busk!
& surely a leg end is a foot? :biglol:

forkless
Wireless Controller

Post by forkless » 12 Jan 2012, 20:19

Very tempted to get this... It definitely will have more patience than my last guitar teacher! :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

(ps. I read that there is a bundle that comes with a right-handed guitar for those so wired, but all it really needs is a guitar with a 1/4 inch jack plug)

sanmartinez
New Gamer

Post by sanmartinez » 19 Jan 2012, 17:38

forkless wrote:Very tempted to get this... It definitely will have more patience than my last guitar teacher! :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

(ps. I read that there is a bundle that comes with a right-handed guitar for those so wired, but all it really needs is a guitar with a 1/4 inch jack plug)

Haha that indeed, and now I can combine practise and playing games :biglol:

Forrest_01

Post by Forrest_01 » 19 Jan 2012, 19:30

sanmartinez wrote:
forkless wrote:Very tempted to get this... It definitely will have more patience than my last guitar teacher! :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

Haha that indeed, and now I can combine practise and playing games :biglol:

It's true, but i hope that they don't forget the game element of it - GH & RB are fun because they are generally simple (apart from on higher difficulties of course!), but if it is just a dude telling you to play certain keys & chords & giving examples, i fear it'll be no different to having proper geetar lessons...
& will therefore eventually get dumped in favour of shooting someone in the face! :biglol:

I hope i am wrong, as if it is entertaining then it is one of the most innovative products to come out this gen (or any? who knows?).

forkless
Wireless Controller

Post by forkless » 20 Jan 2012, 17:38

I have to admit this video is mildly misleading (as it is one of the best ones I've come around in two dozen of them or so... It's where the Rock Smiths are seperating themselves from the Guitar Heroes :P)

Gameplay elements are fairly basic, just some scoring to keep track of hitting the right notes. No fancy schmancy combos or such, but then again do you need that for this game I say... I say nay!

:music-guitarred: :music-rockout: :music-rockon:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74t-tLne0UQ[/video]

edit: LOL and then I forget to put in the Video... doh!

sanmartinez
New Gamer

Post by sanmartinez » 20 Jan 2012, 18:24

Here is the video I saw in my Gameshop the other day.
Maybe this can give you a view and answer some questions.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStYP1N-mG8[/video]

Bring it on :friendlysmile:

Return to “Arcade/Party Games: General”